A must for vegans - the London Vegfest

At Kensington Olympia - London

I've left our boat in the Netherlands now, and on the way home to South Africa via London.

I'd seen in the latest Vegetarian Living mag, that the London Vegfest would be on at the Kensington Olympia exhibition centre while I was there.

I couldn't miss that opportunity!

Gosh I wish we had such a big veg event in Cape Town.


The VIVA stand
Although it is growing in South Africa, the whole vegetarian, vegan and raw movement is still tiny compared to the UK.

I was amazed at the range of products being exhibited, and the amount of talks and demonstrations going on.

In fact there was almost too much - about 7 different places for these demos or talks or whatever, with something different every hour on the hour. I managed to see three cooking demos - Caribbean Food, Karen Knowler on Raw Food made simple and Deborah Durant on Raw entertaining.


One way to make a smoothie I suppose!
The were loads of other speakers/topics I would have loved to have listened to.

When I saw the title of the event - VegfestUK - I assumed it was a vegetarian event, but it is actually a full on vegan festival, with  one section dedicated to raw food as well.

Much too much for me to tell you about in detail - have a look at  their website - and if you missed
that one ( and you live in the UK of course)




Raw entertaining by Deborah Durant

the North East Vegan Festival is coming up on the 16th and 17th of November - see here

The last 2 pictures are at the Raw Entertaining demo: Deborah making a seaweed noodle and courgette pasta, and her raw shortbread.

I did get to taste loads of great tasting free samples, and bought a recipe book on vegan baking, something Karen and I have been wanting to try for a while.


Raw shortbread


Next week I will be back home in our kitchen, with another vegan or raw recipe for you.



Till then - Bon apetit.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,